WHAT IS COUPEROSIS?
Couperosis is a fairly common phenomenon in which there is an expansion of small subcutaneous vessels due to their increased fragility, microcirculation disorders and the adverse effects of environmental factors. Stagnation of blood leads to thinning of the walls of the capillaries due to the heavy load on them, making them brittle and fragile.
The main signs of rosacea are spider veins and nets appearing on the face (cheeks, wings of the nose, chin, forehead). With this pathology, the skin reacts very sharply to external unfavorable factors, especially to temperature changes. Most of all, people with sensitive thin skin are susceptible to this problem.
In dermatology, rosacea is called telangiectasia. Very often, such a vascular “mesh” is accompanied by burning, itching or tingling when washing, touching and even in response to temperature changes.
In most cases, rosacea is just a cosmetic defect and not a serious disease or symptom. But sometimes rosacea indicates the presence of diseases such as liver disease or rosacea.
CAUSES OF COUPEROSIS
Factors that can provoke rosacea:
1. Genetic predisposition. If there were cases of rosacea in the family, then you need to limit your skin from harmful effects as much as possible so as not to provoke its appearance.
2. Stress. Under stress, a spasm of small vessels occurs and blood pressure rises, which can cause vascular pathologies.
3. Sudden changes in temperature negatively affect the skin of the face.
4. Smoking has a detrimental effect on blood vessels, especially small ones, disrupting microcirculation.
5. Ultraviolet radiation. For people prone to rosacea, tanning both in the sun and in a tanning bed is contraindicated.
6. Spicy and hot food, coffee increase blood flow to the vessels of the face.
7. Alcohol is able to expand and weaken blood vessels.
8. Improper skin care. Do not carry out aggressive cosmetic procedures and use abrasive, alcohol-based cosmetics.
9. Hypertension and symptomatic arterial hypertension.
10. Diseases of the liver.
HOW TO FIGHT COUPEROSIS?
The most important thing in the fight against rosacea is proper home care! Skin, especially sensitive skin, must be properly cleansed, toned, moisturized, nourished and protected from ultraviolet radiation. It is strictly forbidden to wash your face with soap, too hot or too cold water. Use special mild vegetable oil-based cleansers. In no case should you tone the skin damaged by rosacea with products containing alcohol. Tonics that include hops, juniper, cypress, chestnut, fir, rutin, and vitamins work well.
In many cases, with rosacea, only the above-described skin care and general strengthening measures (rejection of bad habits, healthy sleep and moderate physical activity) are enough. If, nevertheless, rosacea causes discomfort or is combined with other skin problems or symptoms of diseases, you should consult a specialist.
Currently, in medicine and cosmetology, there are a huge number of methods for getting rid of rosacea. These are special creams and serums that strengthen blood vessels, and mesotherapy, and hardware techniques.
Removal of vascular networks with a laser or photorejuvenation is very popular, which allows solving a number of problems (vascular pathologies, pigmentation, acne, photo- and chrono-aging).
Contact a specialist and adhere to all his recommendations, and then you can forget about such a problem as rosacea for a long time.