As the seasons change, our skin also changes. Exposure to ultraviolet radiation, heat and low humidity leads to dryness of the skin and at the same time to an increase in fat content. Therefore, summer care should be noticeably different from winter.
Factors that have a bad effect on facial skin in summer:
- The sun. Ultraviolet light is a particular threat that can cause burns on the skin, allergic dermatitis, unwanted pigmentation and other serious diseases. In addition, the sun’s rays lead to premature aging, the so-called photoaging of the skin. Under the influence of high doses of ultraviolet radiation, the quality of collagen, which is responsible for the firmness and elasticity of the skin, deteriorates.
- Heat. High air temperature promotes vasodilation and intensification of vascular diseases. In case of heat, sebaceous secretion is also more actively secreted, which leads to oily skin, clogged pores, inflammation, and acne.
- Low humidity and air conditioners lead to dry skin. It peels off, there is a feeling of tightness.
Basic rules for skin care
1. The skin requires a particularly thorough cleaning of dust and grease. You should use lotions or toners for your skin type twice a day.
2. Moisturizing. Dry skin requires special attention. It is necessary not only to regularly use moisturizers for the skin (creams, milk, micellar water), but also to observe the drinking regime.
3. Obligatory UV protection! The main protection is a cream with SPF. In fact, even in winter, it is better to use day creams with a protective factor, and in the summer this need increases especially. Do not sunbathe from 10:00 to 16:00. On especially sunny days, it is better to wear hats that protect the skin from the sun’s rays.
4. Prevention of exacerbation of vascular diseases (rosacea, rosacea, etc.). You should use face products (creams, active serums) with vaso-strengthening components (extracts of horse chestnut, grape seed, witch hazel, etc.)
5. Prevention of pigmentation. And again, funds with a UV protection factor come to the rescue. Try not to do traumatic cosmetic procedures (peeling, laser resurfacing, mesotherapy, etc.) in the summer without special need.
To select the correct skin care for your face in the summer, it is better to contact a beautician who will assess the condition of the skin and select the most suitable products for it. All salon procedures should be aimed at moisturizing and nourishing the skin.